Beverly Hills Chihuahua

December 28, 2008 · Print This Article

My kids went to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua the other day – they absolutely loved it!  The movie features the voices of Hollywood heavyweights Drew Barrymore, Jamie Lee Curtis, Andy Garcia, and Edward James Olmos – remember him from “Miami Vice”?

The star of the show, a pampered chihuahua named Chloe, gets lost in Mexico and must get back home before a dognapper catches her.  It’s never clear whether the dognapper is more interested in the dog or her diamond-studded collar, but either way, he figures Chloe will be worth some money to someone.  The gardener’s male chihuahua is in pursuit as well, but for a different reason – “he thinks she’s hot,” as my son says!

In the crowd of other chihuahuas in Mexico, Chloe learns she isn’t any better than anyone else, and comes to appreciate her life.

Typical Disneyesque fare – animation, cute characters, and a moral to the story, but a nice light movie to relieve some of the cabin fever you might be experiencing over winter break.

Until next time,

Good day, and good dog!

Comments

12 Responses to “Beverly Hills Chihuahua”

1. sydni on January 8th, 2009 5:03 pm

2. baby gurl on July 2nd, 2010 4:12 pm

that movie wAS SOO CUTE so r chihuahuas

3. Debbie Ippolito on September 27th, 2010 9:01 am

was a cute movie, a bit out there!

4. Michelle on October 1st, 2010 9:13 am

My daughter, then 12 begged me to take her to see this movie. I said no, it looked too brainless even for me.
    When it popped up on cable, I decided to watch it while I ironed.
    Omigod, I was very pleasantly surprised at how CUTE it was, now if it’s on, I watch it. The iguana, I have to admit, is one of my favorite characters..and when the police dog gets rewarded at the end I cry every time
    What can I say, I’m a sucker for dogs and babies.

5. caridad fabian on October 11th, 2010 5:34 am

cuanto tiempo despues de la mentruacion se les puede dejar el perro para que quede embarazada una chiguagua , ya paso los 10 dias y tienedos dias con su esposo, cuanto tiempo mas tengo que dejarla con su esposo

6. j ramsay on April 17th, 2011 6:40 pm

best animal movie out there love chloe looks just like my babygirl love the cast and story its the cutest !

7. bree alice tanner on June 19th, 2011 2:56 am

I luv the movie it certainly got my love for dogs one step higher. Right after seeing it i asked mum to get me a chihuahua. Now i saved three dogs and i am good but i still think chihuahuas are mega sweet not comparing Esme and Lola.

8. bree alice tanner on June 19th, 2011 2:57 am

:-) ;-) O:-) :-D

9. Quinn G on January 17th, 2012 2:39 pm

I think a good lesson that can be taught by a popular movie like this. Parents should aim at educating children about mans best friend. The importance of animals, pet care, adoptions, animals cruelty and the responsibility we have toward our pets.

10. Andrea terpe on February 20th, 2012 8:22 pm

I saw the movie with my sister and her chihuahua is named Chloe and she is white too. We both love the movie as well as our dogs did.

11. Sienna on August 8th, 2012 11:56 pm

i love chihuahuas they are very cute but can be mean this movie was very cute

12. jaiden on September 2nd, 2012 11:52 pm

in beverly hills chihuahua 3 is cut rosa the smallest pup of the litter feels less speacal and sad as the other puppys becuse she is the runt so papi is going to try to give a lot of attention and do someting specal for he BUT DOES HE KNOW HOW THE OTHER PUPS FEEL ABOUT THIS :( :( :(

GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?

*  Required field

Read More Similar Posts:

Check out the latest articles in our Dog Article Library!