Tuesday Top Ten: Dog Commercials
February 9, 2010 · Print This Article
Have you seen the Traveler’s Insurance commercial where the dog tries to put his bone in a safety deposit box at the bank, then can’t sleep because he’s worried about it? How about the one for Denta-Stix that shows the dogs with doggie dentures? These are two of my favorites, which prompted me to do some research on commercials with doggie stars.
According to LePaws, a Hollywood talent agency that represents animal actors, one of every three television commercials features a dog.
I tried to find commercials that weren’t specifically for dog-related products, although the Denta-Stix one was too cute not to include in my top ten.
9. Prized Possession / Traveler’s Insurance
8. Lost dog / AT&T
7. We couldn’t forget the Taco Bell dog!
6. Dog limo ride / Bridgestone
4. Dog eats bird at vet office / YellowBook
3. Dog drives car / CarFax
2. Dog steals Pepsi, blames cat
1. Dog revenge / Doritos (2010 Super Bowl)
These last two are so good because they so accurately capture the possible intent of the dog, rather than just showing off a cute creature to sell something.
What commercial featuring a dog is your favorite?
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!
Read More Similar Posts:
- Friday Funny: What to do with your most prized possession
- Saturday Survey: Marketing with Dogs
- The Traveler’s Insurance Dog is in L-O-V-E!
- You laughing at me?
- Saturday Survey: Impact of dogs in commercials