Tuesday Top Ten: Reasons to Adopt a Shelter Dog
October 18, 2011 · Print This Article
10. Concerned for the planet? Adopting a dog is kind of like recycling
9. Shelter dogs give you unconditional love.
8. Shelter dogs make great work-out companions.
7. Rescued dogs are (usually) already housebroken.
6. Adopting a rescued dog helps solve pet overpopulation.
5. Shelter dogs not only warm your feet at night; they also warm your heart.
4. Shelter dogs are generally much less expensive than purebreds.
3. Adopting from a shelter helps put puppy mills out of business.
2. Older dogs from a shelter may be past the stage of chewing all your shoes.
1. Can’t settle on a breed? You can see many different breeds, including mutt-i-grees at your local shelter.
To find adoptable dogs near you, visit PetFinder’s Shelter Center.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!
Read More Similar Posts:
- Tuesday Top Ten: Reasons to Adopt a Shelter Dog
- Tuesday Top Ten: Reasons to Adopt a Senior Dog
- Saturday Survey: Dogs rescued from puppy mills
- Pet Store Puppies
- Alabama’s Puppy Mill Bill