Tuesday Top Ten: Holiday Gifts for Your Dog
December 6, 2011 · Print This Article
10. Gift certificate to a spa or daycare. Your dog might enjoy a facial or a day playing with the other dogs.
9. A durable new ID tag. I just bought all new tags for all of my dogs from Dog Tag Art.
8. Pay the county registration fee for a friend who can’t afford it.
7. Make a contribution in someone’s honor or memory to your local shelter or spay/neuter clinic.
6. “I hate balls” t-shirt (human or canine) from Kathryn Heigl’s foundation – to support spay/neuter initiatives.
5. Kong toys – what’s not to love? They’re durable, just about impossible for your dog to destroy, and you can hide treats inside!
4. Puzzle toys – challenge your dog’s intellect while giving limited access to treats by using a puzzle toy such as those available from SitStay.com
3. Homemade dog treats – see the recipes in our dog den.
2. Commit to taking the dog for a walk every day for a week, a month, or the indefinite future. It’ll be good for both of you.
1. Get the gift that keeps giving – adopt a shelter dog. Don’t give the dog away – we never recommend putting puppies under the tree – but bring a new dog into your own home. He can be a playmate for your existing dogs (who doesn’t want a little brother or sister?), or a new friend for you, and you will be serving all dogs by rescuing those that you can. ” I have always held firmly to the thought that each one of us can do a little to bring some portion of misery to an end.” –Albert Schweitzer
Need more ideas? Check out the gift-giving guide in our bi-weekly newsletter, The Straight Poop.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!
Read More Similar Posts:
- Tuesday Top Ten: Reasons to Adopt a Shelter Dog
- Tuesday Top Ten: Ways to Help Your Local Animal Shelter
- Tuesday Top Ten: Tips for Choosing Your Shelter Dog
- Tuesday Top Five: Last Minute Shopping Ideas
- Tuesday Top Ten: Ways to Celebrate National Pet Month