Woofipedia recently published this list of “10 things only an Austrailian Shepherd Owner Would Understand. I would argue that most of us who love dogs get it, but the list was pretty good so I wanted to share it with you. If you follow the link, you will see all the great pictures they added to the list.
1. All toys are mine. If you have the toy, it is mine. If I leave the toy and you take it, it’s still mine.
2. Your house is accessorized—with fur. Australian Shepherds shed twice a year, for six months at a time.
3. You cannot run without being “herded” in the correct direction when you own an Aussie.
4. Every new stuffed animal you bring home must be properly “checked” (unstuffed) for security purposes.
5. Aussies are very intelligent and learn by observing (remember that the next time you are digging a hole in the backyard).
6. Aussies can tell time and can stare a hole in you when it is time for dinner.
7. Their cute little bobtail butts wag their whole body when they greet you.
8. Educating people that their blue eyes are part of their character: “No they are not blind in that eye.”
9. Aussies are very active and agile, and they need something to do to keep them busy; or they will think of something to do on their own that you might not like as much!
10. Aussies are like potato chips, you cannot have just one!
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!