Pictured is one available model of dog seat belt, available from Handicapped Pets. If you care enough about your dog to take him places with you, you should care enough to take him there safely. Here’s our list of the top ten benefits to belting in your dog when you take him in the car.
10. A harness usually slips right onto your existing seatbelt – they are really easy to use.
9. The harness can be taken from the vehicle and clipped to the end of a leash. No need for a separate collar.
8. Most harnesses are compatible with any vehicle make or model.
7. The seat belt will prevent your dog from being ejected in the event of a crash.
6. Seat belts keep your dog from distracting you while you are trying to drive.
5. Seat belts keep your dog (and his sharp claws!) off of your lap.
4. Seat belts keep your dog from becoming a projectile if you have a crash, which could prevent additional injury to both you and the dog.
3. Seat belts allow you to keep your dog restrained when emergency personnel respond and try to attend to you and your family.
2. Seat belts keep your dog from getting down by your feet, possibly impairing your ability to get to your brakes.
1. Seat belts save lives – both human and canine.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!