From The Dog Lady’s mailbag: The American Kennel Club® (AKC) invites you to celebrate National Purebred Dog Day on Saturday, May 1st, 2021. This annual celebration highlights the purpose, predictability, preservation and pride of purebred dogs, along with the many ways these incredible dogs impact their human counterparts each day.
Ways to get involved:
• Have a favorite breed? Donate to a breed-specific rescue. The AKC has the largest network of purebred rescue groups in the nation. Visit akc.org for more information.
• Share your love for your purebred dog on social media with the hashtag #NationalPurebredDogDay.
• Thinking about getting a dog? Research what breeds would best fit your lifestyle at akc.org and find a responsible breeder.
• Reach out to your lawmakers. National Purebred Dog Day is a great opportunity to educate your legislator about the importance of purpose-bred dogs.
Ways to celebrate with your dog:
• Spend some extra quality time with your pup! Go for a long hike, play in the park, or snuggle up and watch AKC.tv, available via any connected device, including computers, tablets, phones, Apple TV and Roku.
• Try a new activity with your dog – there are plenty of dog sports to choose from. From Conformation, Agility and Obedience to Trick Dog and Scent Work, there’s something for everyone! Visit akc.org to learn about all the various sports available and to find a training club in your area.
• Give your dog his favorite treat! Show your dog a little extra love by treating him to his favorite snack.
I’ll be celebrating the end of my two weeks since my 2nd vaccine on Saturday, but I’ll try to fit in some time with my dogs, as well.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!