10. Cheesy Apple Nips: Mix together 3 oz cream cheese and 2 oz bleu cheese. Core 4 medium apples and place cheese in the hole. Chill 2 – 4 hours, then cut into wedges to serve.
9. “Chow” Down Cheesy Casserole: Preheat oven to 350. Mix together 1.5 pounds browned ground turkey, 24 oz tomato sauce, 2 cups water, 1/2-tspn oregano, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 8 oz. egg noodles. Pour mixture into an 8′ greased round cake pan. Bake 50 minutes. Top with 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese and bake another 10 minutes. Cool before serving.
8. Gracie’s Slobber Gobbler Loaf: Preheat oven to 350. Combine 2 pounds ground turkey, 1 egg, 1/2 cup quick-cook barley, and 1 cup quick-cook oats. Mix thoroughly. Spoon into greased loaf pan and pat down. Spread 6 oz. of tomato paste on the top. Sprinkle with 1/2 Tbspn parsley flakes. Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes. Cool and cut into slices.
7. Salivatin’ Salmon Roll: Drain and flake 2 cups canned salmon. Combine with 8 oz. cream cheese and 1/4 tspn. beef broth. Chill at least 1 hour. Shape into a log and roll in pecans and parsley. Slice and serve.
6. Biscuit Bites: Preheat oven to 450. Sift together 2 cups flour and 3 tspns baking powder. Cut in 1/4-cup vegetable shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 2/3 cup skim milk and stir with a fork until mixture forms into dough. Turn onto a floured surface and kneed 10 – 20 strokes. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness and cut out circles. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Mix together 8 oz. cream cheese, 4 oz finely chopped mushrooms, and 2 tspn parsley. Place about a tspn of the topping on each biscuit. Bake 12 – 15 minutes. Cool and serve.
5. Corn dogs: Preheat oven to 350. Mix together 2 cups cornmeal, 3 Tbspns vegetable oil, and 1/2 cup cooked rice. Pour in 1.5 cups boiling water and stir well. Form into 3-inch patties. Bake on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Cool and serve.
4. Oatmeal Pure-Bread: Dissolve 2 packages active dry yeast in 1/2-cup warm water. combine 1 cup quick-cook oats, 1/2-cup molasses, 1/3-cup vegetable shortening in bowl. Add 1.5 cups boiling water. Stir, then cool to lukewarm and stir in 3 cups flour. Add eggs. Stir thoroughly. Add yeast and 3 more cups flour. Mix well. Cover tightly and place in refrigerator overnight. Turn onto well-floured surface and shape into two loaves. Place in greased loaf pans, cover with a clean towel. Allow to rise in a warm place for 2 hours – until double in size. Preheat oven to 350. Bake 45 minutes. Cool and slice. (For this much work, I’d feed this one to my kids!)
3. Fleas Navidad Nibblers: Preheat oven to 350. Mix together 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, 4 cups whole wheat flour, 1 Tbspn baking powder, 1 Tbspn cinnamon, 1 Tbspn nutmeg. Stir in 2 Tbspns honey, 2.25 cups water, 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/8 tspn vanilla, and 1 egg. Spoon into greased or lined cupcake tins and bake 35 minutes.
2. Let’em Eat Cake: Preheat oven to 350. Mix together 3 cups whole-wheat flor. 1 cup dried bananas, and 1/2-Tbspn baking powder. Mix in 2 cups water, 1/4-cup mashed banana, 1/4 tspn vanilla, 1 egg, and 2 Tbspns honey. Pour into an 8″ greased cake pan. Bake 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Beat together 8 oz. cream cheese, 3 tspns carob powder, and 2 tspn vanilla. Spread over the cake. Decorate with pieces of crushed dried banana.
1. Hearty Hound Loaf: Preheat oven to 350. Combine 1.5 pounds ground turkey, 1 egg, 1 cup cornmeal, 1/2 tspn sage, 1/4-cup finely chopped green bell pepper, 1/2 cup corn, 1 med tomato, chopped, 6 oz. tomato paste. Mix well. Pack into greased loaf pan. Bake 1.5 hours. Cool and slice.
Let me know how you like them!
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!