September is Responsible Dog Ownership Month, and the American Kennel Club has a list of 75 ways to be responsible about having a dog in the family. Here are their top ten.
10. Prepare to wait for the perfect dog.
9. Expect to be questioned by your breeder.
8. Consider an older dog.
7. Ask questions before adopting or buying.
6. Contact several breeders.
5. Ask for referrals to quality breeders.
4. Choose a breed that fits your family’s lifestyle.
3. Make a list of what you want in a dog before randomly falling in love with a certain face.
2. Evaluate your lifestyle before you get a dog.
1. Recognize what a commitment it is to have a dog in your family.
Check out the whole list.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!