For the past several days, I’ve been collecting memes, tips, and other information about dogs and fireworks. Here is a compilation. If I know the source, it is cited. If you see your original content here, please leave a comment so I can give you proper credit for your work and a link to your site!
Seven Tips to Keep Your Pet Safe During Fireworks from MedVet.
From the Facebook page of Lost Pet Recovery – Columbus, Ohio:
Plan for a safe and happy 4th of July! Be sure to share with all your friends who have furry family members! WATCH and share!
4th OF JULY WEEK FOUND DOG PLEA!! LPR STANDS READY TO ASSIST!
1) Please consider holding onto a found dog for a day or two to keep a space open at the shelter for another dog. You’ll be saving a life! Keep dog secured indoors to prevent escape, separate from other pets and children, if necessary.
2) Any vet will scan for a microchip (LPR can also assist).
3) Dog licenses and rabies tags can be looked up online. For Franklin County, Ohio:
DOG LICENSE LOOKUP: http://doglicense.franklincountyohio.gov/Home/DogeSearch
RABIES TAG LOOKUP:
Rabies tags. https://www.columbus.gov/…/programs/Animal-…/Dog-Tag-Search/
If you need assistance with other counties, contact us.
4) Post on Lost Pet Recovery, Pet FBI Ohio, and other lost pet pages.
5) Hang large, neon “found dog” signs at major intersections in the area.
Message us on our Facebook page or call 614-377-1777 for assistance.
Bottom Line: Check your chip ahead of time, leave pets home with the windows closed, tire them out with play before you leave, wrap them up tightly, and leave the TV or radio on to block out the noise.
Have a safe and happy Fourth!
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!