My friend, Wendy, is going through the trials and tribulations of living with a black lab puppy. I keep telling her that he will eventually be a great dog, but in the meantime, I’ll be bringing you stories periodically of his exploits. Continue reading Life with Jake
Have you ever tried to put shoes on a dog???
Jana Ballinger over at care2.com lists recipes for a variety of healthy, holistic dog shampoos tacking a variety of skin conditions for your pup from dry skin to flea and tick repellents. Here’s the concoction for itchy skin and dogs with allergies. See the full cookbook here.
Skin Soothing Shampoo for Dogs with Itchy Skin and Allergies
- 2 drops Geranium
- 6 drops Rosewood
- 6 drops Lavender
- 1 drop Roman Chamomile
- 2 drops Carrot Seed
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground oatmeal can be blended in to provide further relief.
There’s no better way to start the day than with a great doggy pic! One of the top k-9 Paparazzi sites sure to get you laughing is The Funny Dogs. Tell us your favorite Funny Dog Photo sites in comments!
- If dogs could talk it would take a lot of fun out of owning one. – Andy Rooney
- You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, ‘My God, you’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!’ – Dave Barry
- The great pleasure of a dog is that you make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, he will make a fool of himself too. – Samuel Butler
- If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. – Phil Pastoret
- The more I see of men the more I like dogs. – Madame de Stael
- Ever consider what dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul — chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we’re the greatest hunters on earth! – Anne Tyler
- Don’t make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans, or they’ll treat you like dogs. – Martha Scott
- There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. – Ben Williams
- I’ve seen a look in dogs’ eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts. – John Steinbeck