Yes, I know it’s not Tuesday, but this one just seemed more appropriate to a Sunday. Below are the top ten prayers our dogs may be whispering right this minute.
10. Dear God: Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?
9. Dear God: When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it still the same old story?
8. Dear God: Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We do love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the “Chrysler Eagle” the “Chrysler Beagle”?
7. Dear God: If a dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad dog?
6. Dear God: We dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID’s, electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?
5. Dear God: More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.
4. Dear God: Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?
3. Dear God: When I get to Heaven and lay down in the bed, can I have the spot I really, really want rather than whatever’s leftover?
2. Dear God: Would it be so hard to slow down the squirrels so I could catch just one in my lifetime?
1. Dear God: When I get to Heaven may I have my testicles back?
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!