Welcome to a brand new feature on doggies.com. Each Sunday, I will pick a shelter somewhere in the United States (at random) and feature a dog who is waiting for a forever home. Even if you can’t take this particular dog, please consider going to your own local shelter and picking up a new member for your family.
Not sure where to go? You can search PetFinder’s shelter database here.
This week’s feature d dog: Delilah, from Save the Animals Foundation, Cincinnati, OH
Delilah is an adult female Chow-Chow Shepherd Mix. Her former owners had her since she was a pup. One day, they decided that–with three kids and full-time jobs–they didn’t have room in their lives for Delilah or for her big, nine-year-old canine brother. Delilah is not fond of shelter life; but when she has a volunteer-friend sitting with her, she lights up and turns to goo. She really misses having a home and humans of her own. She is in search of a family that will consider her a blessing, not a burden. Born 10/06
Save The Animals’ Rules:
- All of our animals are spayed/neutered and current on shots.
- You must complete an application at the shelter prior to meeting any of our animals. (Sorry–our application is not available on-line or via email.)
- We do not do same-day adoptions; we ask that you return for a follow-up visit before taking an animal home.
- We require a fenced yard (sorry–no invisible fences) for homes with children under age 13.
- We do request vet and personal references.
- At this time, we are only able to consider applicants within 150 miles of Cincinnati.
Please let me know if you adopt Delilah or another shelter dog. I’d love to do a feature on a happy adoption story.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!