Well, the 112th Congress has now been sworn in. Have you ever wondered if dogs could do a better job of running the country? Here’s what the Congressional agenda might look like if Republican dogs were in Congress. (Obviously, next week, we’ll give equal time to the Democrats.)
10. Speaker of the House: John Bone.
9. Less tea. More Alpo.
8. Align rescues and shelters with faith-based funding sources.
7. No health insurance for pets.
6. Establish pack-order dominance over Bo.
5. Encourage abstinence rather than spay/neuter.
4. Vouchers for home-based obedience training.
3. No gay military dogs.
2. More tax breaks for richest 2% of dogs.
1. No more illegal Mexican Chihuahuas.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!
Editor’s Note: This post was written before the tragedy in Arizona. Our thoughts and prayers are with Congresswoman Giffords and all of those affected by the shootings.