Auto-Trader, the online place to buy and sell cars, recently published a list of models they found to be the most friendly for dog owners. As always, safety should be a consideration when you are thinking about transporting your dog. Make sure you crate your dog or have the proper harnesses to keep him or her safe on the road.
Here are the features Auto-Trader looked for:
- A rear lift gate allows your dog to jump in and out of the car easily; it also makes for more convenient loading in/loading out of pet carriers, crates and kennels.
- Fold-flat seats create a spacious area for your dog to sit while keeping the actual surface of the seats clean from hair or scratches.
- An airy cabin is especially beneficial for large dogs to stretch out.
- Rear cargo-attachment ringlets help keep carriers and crates from sliding around.
- A containment barrier/divider keeps your dog from jumping up to the front seat while the car is in motion.
- A low ride height helps dogs — especially older ones — get in and out with ease.
- Rear climate control keeps your dog cool and comfortable in transit no matter what the weather is like.
- A sunroof brings fresh air and sunlight so you can keep your dog from hanging its head out of the window.
- Underfloor storage gets your things out of the way so your dog can ride more comfortably.
Without further ado, here are the seven vehicles at the top of the Auto-Trader list for dog people:
The Honda Odyssey is what we used to drive. Back then, they didn’t feature an on-board vacuum to take care of the fur your dog will leave behind. Might have to check one out again now!
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!