Looking for a last minute way to create a charitable deduction for your taxes? This may be the last year ever that you will be able to use donations as a way to lower your tax bill. Check out our top ten list of the items most needed by shelters and rescue organizations.
10. Paper towels and garbage bags for clean-ups
9. Cloth towels to dry animals after baths and warm them after surgery
8. Food – both wet and dry are needed
7. Basic supplies – leashes, collars, dishes
6. Newspapers to line cages
5. Blankets for snuggling
4. Hand sanitizer
3. Laundry detergent and bleach
2. Your time – volunteer to walk dogs or clean out cages
1. Cold, hard cash…shelters are often able to buy supplies at a discount, so sometimes cash is the gift they can stretch the farthest.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!