I hope you’ve enjoyed playing along all week! As promised, here are the answers for each day, showing the year won, the dog’s registered name, and the owner’s name(s).
1. 1933 Ch Warland Protector of Shelterock, Airedale Terrier, S M Stewart
2. 1947 – Ch Warlord of Mazelaine, Boxer, Mrs. & Mrs. RC Kettles Jr (Also won in 1946)
3. 1955 – Ch Kippax Fearnought, Bulldog, Dr. JA Saylor (Also won in 1954)
4. 1962 – Ch Elfinbrook Simon, West Highland White Terrier, Wishing Well Kennels
5. 1972 – Ch Chinoe’s Adamant James, English Springer Spaniel (Also won in 1971) Continue reading Wrapping Up Westminster Winners Week: The Answers→
I’m about half-way on vacation this week. I’m going to be teaching some classes, but they’re in Hawaii, so I’m counting it as vacation. I thought it might be fun to set up a game that will run while I’m gone.
I’ve dug out some photos from the Westminster archives. Each day, 5 of the photos will appear on the blog. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to guess which year is pictured. Extra points if you can name any details, such as the name or breed of the dog or the name of the owner. (And these are points in the sense that “Whose Line Is It Anyway” gives points – they don’t matter.) Continue reading Westminster Winners Week Day One: Guess the Year→