This one was so good, we had to expand the Tuesday Top Ten to be a Tuesday Top Twenty! Things we could do if we didn’t have dogs:
20. We could walk around our yards barefoot in complete safety.
19. We could carpet our houses rather than using only tile and laminate.
18. All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.
17. When the doorbell rings, our houses wouldn’t sound like kennels.
16. We could sit on our couches and beds the way we wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.
15. We would have money to spend, and no guilt over going on real vacations.
14. We would not be on a first-name basis with six different veterinarians, as we put their yet unborn grandchildren through college.
13. The most used words in our vocabularies would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave it alone!
12. Our houses would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or other barriers.
11. The phrases “Eat your din-din.” and “yummy yummy for your tummy!” would never be uttered.
10. Our houses wouldn’t be littered with toys.
9. Our pockets would be free of poop bags, treats, and extra leashes.
8. We would not have to spell words like B-A-L-L, F-R-I-S-B-E-E, W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, C-O-O-K-I-E, B-I-K-E, C-A-R, G-O, and R-I-D-E.
7. We wouldn’t have just as many leaves inside our homes as outside.
6. We wouldn’t look strangely at people who think having ONE dog ties them down too much.
5. We’d look forward to spring, with its peaceful rain, rather than dreading mud season.
4. We’d never have to answer the question, “Why do you have so many animals?”
3. We’d never experience the joy of knowing we are loved unconditionally.
2. We’d never personally know an angel.
1. Our lives would be so EMPTY!
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!