Which celebrities do you think of when you think of those who like dogs? These are the ones that crossed my mind.
10. Oprah Winfrey had 2 Cockers and 3 Goldens. When Sophie, one of the spaniels, died recently, Oprah dedicated a show to her memory.
9. Ellen Degeneres has a rescued Border Collie from the Oakland pound.
8. Paris Hilton, who has a clothing line for her Chihuahua, Tinkerbell, and is rarely seen without the pocket-sized pet.
7. Drew Barrymore rescued her two lab/chow mixes from a flea market! One of them, Flossie, repaid Ms. Barrymore’s kindness by alerting her to a fire in their home.
6. Paul McCartney, who is a vegetarian, feeds his dog Ollie only a vegetarian diet.
5. Elton John likes his Cocker Arthur so much, he had the dog serve as best man at his civil marriage ceremony.
4. Sigourney Weaver also had wedding bells involving her dog Petals, an Italian Greyhound. Petals was wedded to the neighbor’s Greyhound, not sure if that was before or after they found out Petals was preggers. Ms. Weaver kept Bacci, one of the puppies.
3. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith have four rottweilers, trained by The Dog Whisperer. In return, Jada paid a language tutor to help Mr. Milan learn English.
2. Martha Stewart was welcomed home from her recent jail term by her 4 Chows and 2 French Bulldogs.
1. Bonnie Hunt, whose own dog Charley is often the focus of segments on her show, features a weekly adoption segment helping shelter dogs to find their forever homes.
For other celebrity dog news, see wikifido.com.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!