Dog dies shielding baby from house fire


WBAL-TV in Baltimore, MD is reporting on a dog who died while shielding an 8-month old baby from a house fire.

The baby’s mother, Erika Pomenski, had stepped outside of her home briefly when the fire broke out. Within minutes, the first and second floors of the home were engulfed in flames and smoke. She and many of her neighbors tried to enter the home to get the baby out, but were unable to get through without protective clothing and respirators.

Firefighters entered the home and rescued the baby from the 2nd floor, where Polo the dog lay protectively covering the child. The baby was unconscious and suffered severe burns to her face, arm, and leg, but firefighters were able to revive her at the scene. Sadly, they were unable to resuscitate Polo.

The baby is still in the hospital, in serious condition. A GoFundMe account has been set up to raise funds to help the family.

Rest easy, Polo. You did a good job. Doggies.com sends our condolences to your family.

Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!

Similar Posts:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>