Continuing our tour of major city dog parks, today we visit Los Angeles in sunny southern California. This list was compiled mostly by la.curbed.com.
1. Alice’s Dog Park: Located in Vina Vieja Park, 2.5 acres, separate areas for large and small dogs. Open dawn to dusk. Closed Tuesdays. 3026 E Orange Grove Blvd Pasadena.
2. Arts District Dog Park: Recently refurbished. Run by volunteers. Separate gated small dog area. Water fountains. Open 5 am to 11 pm daily. 1004 E 4th Street, LA.
3. The Bone Yard. Ample parking, clean water fountains. Dirt ground – no grassy areas. Open sunrise to 10 pm daily. Duquesne Ave & Leash Lane, Culver City.
4. Griffith Park Dog Park (scroll down). 1.6-acres on a dead-end street at the north end of the John Ferraro Soccer Field. Separate small and large dog areas, concrete benches, water fountains, lots of parking. Open sunrise to sunset daily. Closed Tuesdays from 6 – 10 am. N Zoo Dr, LA.
5. Westminster Dog Park (scroll down). Benches, palm trees, wood chips to cover the dirt. Open sunrise to sunset daily. Closed Tuesdays from 6 – 10 am. 1234 Pacific Avenue Venice.
6. Laurel Canyon Dog Park (scroll down). Spacious, separate areas for large and small dogs. Said to be frequented by the stars! Open sunrise to sunset. Closed Fridays from 6 – 10 am. 8260 Mulholland Dr. LA.
7. Rosie’s Dog Beach. (See video above) Claim to fame: the only legal dog beach in LA County. 4.1 acres. Open all day, every day. 4800 E Ocean Blvd. Long Beach.
8. Runyon Canyon Park (scroll down). Great for people-watching! 2000 N Fuller Ave. LA.
9. Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park (scroll down). Massive running space, mix of dirt and grassy ground, lots of shade and water fountains. Open daily sunrise to sunset. Closed Fridays from 6 – 11 am. 17550 Victory Blvd. Encino.
10. Silver Lake Dog Park (scroll down). Described as sometimes desert-like and sometimes muddy. Separate areas for large and small dogs. Shade. Open 6 am to 10 pm daily. Closed Wednesdays 6 – 8:30 am. 1863 Silver Lake Blvd, LA.
Do you have a favorite LA dog park? Let us know!
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!