When you’re housesitting for your mom, and her Chihuahua won’t stop barking, make sure you get up to check. It happened in Indianapolis early this morning when Rosie, a 4-year old hero, woke the homeowner’s daughter in time to prevent her from being hurt in a house fire.
The Indy Star reports no one was hurt in the fire, although the home sustained heavy damage estimated at $180,000. But the most important things in the home, the daughter and Rosie the dog, were unhurt.
October is fire safety month. Make sure you check your smoke detectors…including your dog!
I hope Rosie gets a steak dinner out of this. She certainly earned it.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!