An Answer to the Potty Patch mystery!

April 4, 2009 · Print This Article

I did a boatload of research today and finally tracked down the owner of the Potty Patch business.  Many of you have wondered what was going on with this company, since you sent in your credit card information, but never received your product.  See my previous post here.  (Special note to VPinTenn:  Thanks for the phone number!  Unfortunately, I could never get through – kept getting “all circuits are busy”.)

After buying a couple of searches on Intelius.com, I was able to find both a phone number and an e-mail address for Christian Darby, the registered owner of the PottyPatch.com website.  I left a message for him, and he was nice enough to call back and give me the scoop on what is happening.

Their company is currently test-marketing the Potty Patch in several different ways.  One way was the e-mail blast, which is what I originally blogged about.  Next, they did a TV spot, which several of you saw on Animal Planet.  However, because they are simply test-marketing to see what brings the best response, they were not totally ready to ship products at the time.

Mr. Darby assures me that the small size Potty Patch will be shipped in about 2 weeks, while the larger size may not be ready until June.  If you have any questions or concerns about your order, he is willing to address them if you email him at christiandarby(at)earthlink.net.  (If you don’t know how this works, he would have been flooded with spam if I had entered his complete e-mail address here, so just replace the (at) with the traditional @ sign when you go to address your e-mail.)

He sounded like a nice person, and understands your concerns about identity theft.  Please let me know if you don’t get a response from him after you contact him.  He appeared to be very willing to clear this up.

Until next time,

Good day, and good dog!

Comments

129 Responses to “An Answer to the Potty Patch mystery!”

1. A dog’s indoor “potty patch” : Doggies.com Dog Blog on April 8th, 2009 2:37 pm

[...] UPDATE!:  See resolution information here. [...]

2. gary timmerman on April 21st, 2009 9:55 pm

I,m trying too find some info about the potty patch like
    is it reuseable how big is it,do you have too use any chemicals
    too ativate this product, I called the 800-945-5617,but they
    don,t do questions, I may order this product if I can find out
    about it.

phone 1-775-751-5176

3. gary timmerman on April 21st, 2009 9:56 pm

I alreadtvdid that

4. Rachel Butler on May 30th, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks for doing all that research for us! I was intrigued by the website when I came across it. I naturally always Google things that seem like they’ll be a lifesaver, because usually their pieces of junk. My heart sank when I started reading about scams, because I really wanted to try the potty patch out, but now that I found this post I feel a little more relieved and I might order one now.

5. judith griffin on June 3rd, 2009 2:33 pm

hi, i heard about great potty patch indoor but what about the poop??????? potty patch is for dogs pee. nothing saying anything about poop. huh. j.g.

6. Shaun on June 4th, 2009 1:16 pm

So is this issue cleared up? And if it is does anyone know if it works?

7. Liz on June 5th, 2009 1:24 pm

After getting on this website and finally finding a phone number to call, I found that the order I placed on the Potty Patch site wasn’t recorded with the office. This may be a fluke, or this may have effected many orders. If your order is super late, you might call their office and find out if they ever received it.

8. "Potty Patch" doggie bathroom...? - Page 2 - YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community on June 10th, 2009 12:16 pm

[...] this is legit Considering buying a potty patch for your dog? Read this first! – Doggies Dog Blog An Answer to the Potty Patch mystery! : Doggies.com Dog Blog __________________ He Gave Them to Us to Use in Times of Need…NOT…to Abuse for Greed [...]

9. Rose Marino on June 12th, 2009 7:05 am

Has anyone actually used this product and does it work.

10. connie kyser on June 15th, 2009 2:48 am

has anyone gotten theirs yet? i placed my order on march 22 and still havent received mine. there were people ahead of me that hadnt received theirs yet. just curious

11. Mary on June 22nd, 2009 8:53 pm

Just tried to reach Christian through websie you offered and returned undeliverable…for sure won’t try again. Thought product terrific if real, but evidently not.

12. bailey on June 23rd, 2009 3:33 pm

Ordered Potty Patch on June 3rd. Called Customer Service @ 866-518-2294 on June 23rd. Was advised it was shipped June 22nd & would arrive by July 1st. We’ll see….
    I also requested a confirmation # and the name of the rep. I spoke with. Document, document, document. :)

13. Kimberly on June 26th, 2009 9:16 am

hi, I just spoke with customer service who said there is a 3-6 week delay in shipping due to backorders. She said her company just took over customer service for the company so perhaps thats why in the past there were problems getting through to the. She was super nice and helpful with product questions.

14. annalee on June 27th, 2009 9:55 am

What about male dogs? My puppy is already lifting his leg. Seems as if potty patch is not including them.

15. chrs on June 28th, 2009 3:53 am

Nobody ever got their potty patch. Why are there still people ordering?

16. Kat on June 29th, 2009 5:24 am

I am getting unsolicited spam for potty patch and I don’t even own a dog! But thanks for posting his email address…. he will be getting his spam back!

17. Anne on June 29th, 2009 9:39 am

I don’t think that this would work for male dogs. It does not have sides. I am sure that my may YORKIE will pee right off of it and onto the walls. I am going to look around at other dog litter prooducts.
    Has an yone ordered this that has a male?
    Also, from reading other comments it seems that there is quite a delay in shippng. I want to train my puppy while he is still young enough.

18. A Laios on June 30th, 2009 3:55 pm

I thought that this was a great idea when I saw the commercial. Called the 800 number provided and went through the automated system…..then, and only after my order was placed and my credit card info was given, the automated voice informed me that if my dog was not a puppy and weighs more than 15 lbs, I should “upgrade my order for an additional $40.00.” Now this became an $80.00 item.

There was no option to cancel, or ask for customer service, just a voice pitching more items to tie into the sale.

On the Web there is a small link to customer service and a phone number: 866-518-2294. I called and cancelled.
    I

19. pat v. on July 2nd, 2009 8:24 am

i would like to also buy this product, if it works. but we hear from them about the peeing. but what ablout the poop? if not what good is that , i would rather pick up papers, when my dog can’t go outside. how can we find out, does anyone know the answer?

20. Janet Weaver on July 3rd, 2009 4:55 pm

I was on the internet all day about the Potty Patch. Whoever is behind this is pretty smart and is a scam. e-mails and phone calls mostly are not answered. People stop sending for it. I was watching his ad on the TV and all you need is a large boot tray somekind of a grate to fit on the top and some astro turf on the top of that.You can get some of tis that is just like grass. I am looking into this right now and see what I find. I have a small puppy and she is at her full growth now at 10 lbs. She is a Shiranian ( designer puppy) Part Shitzu and part Pomaranian. I have trained her with pee pads and I never take her out unless we are going someplace. I am in an apartment on the 5th floor so I don’t think we would make it outside. Good luck everybody but I think you are out some bucks. Before I forget I was also into E Bay. Potty Patch is selling for 90 bucks there.

21. ruby on July 4th, 2009 6:22 pm

hey guys I shoulduv saw this sites before ordering one. I am moving next week and instead of using newspaper at night when my little dogs need to go pee i thought of this potty patch and order it without thinking. today is july 4th so they are closed but if i call tomorrow can i cancel my order? since its not charged and not going to be ready to ship I can cancel right? PLEASE CANCEL my order!! will call tomorrow. I feel so dumb…..

22. Tamara on July 4th, 2009 10:02 pm

I seen this product at walmart a few days ago got 39.98.

23. Willa on July 5th, 2009 9:44 am

Thank so much to every one who followed up on this scam. I was beginning to think I was the only one who fell for this .

24. Alyssa on July 5th, 2009 9:46 am

Tamara, that’s impossible. They don’t sell this particular product at Walmart. It might be a spin-off of it, but it’s not the Potty Patch. They don’t sell the Potty Patch in stores.

I know Frontgate has a version of this, but it’s much more expensive. I go back and forth with buying the Frontgate version. (for a large, it’s around $190….the small is $130.) It’s called the Pet Loo. But, you do have to replace the ‘grass carpet’ @ $60-$65 a piece and then there’s an odor eliminating agent for $6.50 for a 17oz bottle. Depending on how often the grass needs to be replaced, it might be worth it to just eat the cost and go for it.

25. Carol on July 5th, 2009 8:22 pm

My miniature poodle is used to going outside, but as everyone knows, it is not always easy to get up in the middle of the night or rush home to make sure the dog doesn’t make a mistake. Do any of you think it would be easy or difficult to train our five year old Foxy to go inside on the Potty Patch? Does anyone have the experience of training a dog to go inside – when its used to going outside?

26. taint on July 6th, 2009 10:00 pm

Do you think this would work for me? I want to buy one to put next to my bed incase I’m to lazy to walk to the bathroom. Its a good 15 feet from my bedroom, I MAY order it. I don’t own a dog, it would be for my personal use.

-Taint

27. The Dog Lady on July 7th, 2009 6:20 am

Taint – Depends on how good your aim is!

28. Sheila on July 8th, 2009 9:01 pm

I think at this point the Attorney General in the state they are being sold form needs to be contacted by those that have been scammed.

Sheila
    connemaraterrier.com

29. Nancy Martin on July 12th, 2009 6:24 pm

I bought the Rascal Dog Litter Box (www.rascaldoglitterbox.com) because it has sides and my male doesn’t miss. Also, my female can’t hang her butt off and pee on the floor. I received my Rascal Dog Litter box in just a few days and was able to talk directly to the owner. This is the best litter box on the market!

30. carmen on July 23rd, 2009 2:29 pm

the phone number I found right on the website for Potty Patch is 866-518-2294. If you scroll down the web page, you’ll see “Customer Service” click on it you got the number.

31. Reah on July 23rd, 2009 3:21 pm

I emailed to Christian Darby, for the past 2 days, he never replied!!! Pls help, I really want to receive this product asap and I live in canada! Help me!!!

32. Sheryl D Titone on July 24th, 2009 6:47 pm

I have had the Potty Patch for 2 weeks. My dog has been using it for a week & I am very unhappy with it. It smells worse than a cat’s litter box & I clean it 2x a day! I am going back to puppy pads. I have emailed Mr Darby about a return & refund & will await his reply.

33. bailey on July 30th, 2009 1:07 pm

I did receive the Potty Patch as promised. It took a long time, however. I also posted on June 23rd. Again, the number to call is: 866-518-2294. Good luck!

34. Yvonne on August 1st, 2009 12:04 pm

I need a protable potty of some kind, living in a condo, walking my dog 2X per day before and after work is fun during these summer months.
    I have a 5 year old Beagle who is very good about waiting to potty outside but I have to work late at times and need an option for her.

I have reserached the PupHead, Doggie Potty.Com, and the Potty Patch we need help in selecting the best option.
    Help please.
    Yvonne

35. Nancy Martin on August 2nd, 2009 6:50 am

ou might want to try the Rascal Dog Litter Box. It’s one of the few boxes that has sides which keeps the mess inside the box. I had the box delivered in just a few days and am very pleased with the product.

36. Carol Dahn on August 3rd, 2009 5:11 pm

I wish that I had been smart enough to read these comments before I ordered the large potty pad, it is a complete bust and the person who is selling it needs to refund everyone their money,it’s a sham,you can’t reach them by phone or e-mail, I’ve tried and tried.

37. V breyer on August 6th, 2009 7:59 pm

I agree that the Rascal Litter Box is the best! It is a quality product and the customer service is like none other. Emails are answered immediately, the litter box is shipped right away and the owner is there to help you with all problems you may have. It does have sides on it for male dogs.

38. Dale on August 8th, 2009 8:50 am

I ordered the Potty Patch for my pup early in the year. We have not received it as yet. I wrote to Christian Darby (believed to be owner/president of company) and received a reply from him on April 28 after waiting weeks and not receiving the product. He assured me that I would receive the product in May. It never came. After seeing the ads running again for the product I called Customer Service on August 7. I insisted on speaking to a supervisor. I was told a supervisor would return my call that day. No call was received. On August 8, I called again. This time I was told a supervisor cannot take the call and I must wait 3-5 days for a return call. I insisted on talking to a supervisor and got Diana #667 on the phone. At this time she told me she “could not give the name or other information about the company as she’s been instructed ‘not to do so’”. She also told me that the order for my product was not in the system until July 2. Interesting since I received a response to my letter from Mr. Darby on August 28 concerned about my order weeks earlier. This company seems to have some issues in even knowing what it’s doing and is irresponsible from the standpoint that customer service is “not allowed” to give out information about the company! The fact that they are still taking orders and are so backlogged and haven’t filled orders dating back to the beginning of the year is definitely an indication of either poor or mismanagement where the paying customer is not valued. If anyone is interested, the number for customer service is 1-866-518-2294. Good luck!

39. JunkyMonkey618 on August 10th, 2009 12:24 pm

Make your own!!!
    Back in 1992 when my new Chihuahua’ pups were just 8 week & 10 weeks old, we set out for a week vacation and would be enroute for a 16 hour RV ride to Daytona Speedway, Since we didn’t want to stop frequently, our resolution was to buy 2 large cookie sheets & two pieces of sod. That’s right, real grass at your local co-op for $2.50! The oldest pup has paper trained when we got her and she was an immediate convert and the other pup just followed her lead.

Because that worked so perfectly, in ’95 when Peso has her first litter, I took two underbed storage boxes, made a cut-through from one to the other and then taped them together. As the pups started moving to the end of their crate to eliminate, their natural instinct to distance themselves led them to the sod. As that piece got ‘dirty’ I would take it outside and replace it with a fresh piece. Later when it came time to teach them to go outside, I took them to the ‘used’ sod and in no time they were ‘outside trained’. I have never had had a ‘paper trained’ dog or house training problems on any pups since! Good luck!

40. Anni on August 10th, 2009 7:55 pm

I ordered two large Potty Patches on July 22. Then I found the websites telling about the problems. I waited until today to call and cancel my order. I called 866-518-2294. I got through right away, they were very nice, and cancelled the order. The potties are backordered until the end of August. It would be nice if they would send an email telling you the expected ship date. Apparently there is no one in charge.

I will be making my own, large boot tray with grids, and door mats. My “boys” already seem to like peeing on door mats…

41. Sydney on August 11th, 2009 1:49 pm

oy sorry about come of that spelling.

42. Cindy on August 15th, 2009 8:11 am

I ordered the Potty Patch in June, and I hadn’t received it yet. But this morning, I found it on my bank statement as “pending”, but I was overcharged quadruple! I called customer service, and they said that they had just shipped it (imagine that!) so I could cancel the order. My only recourse would be to return it, unopened. I emailed the owner of the business, and started a paper trail. We’ll see how this goes! I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt at this time, but there are many flags raised!

43. Cindy on August 15th, 2009 8:12 am

Correction…I could NOT cancel the order. Sorry for the typo!

44. Marti on August 17th, 2009 11:11 am

We have the Pet Loo from Australia. It costs more but we really like it. We do keep it outside as it smells some. We bring it inside if we are going to be gone for several hours. We ordered the small Potty Patch for inside but of course it has never come. The web site is http://www.thepetloo.com
    I hope this helps.

45. Kevin Cassidy on August 20th, 2009 8:05 pm

i just wish they would stop emailing me

46. kay on August 30th, 2009 9:54 am

i have to say that i still prefer the potty pads…my chihuahua has been raised with them from 5 wks old…also i can fold it so it goes up the wall (bandit’s a boy) and it’s easy to dispose of…i’m not really into emptying a tray of doggie peepee and having to wash everything every day and if it’s not clean bandit won’t use it…sorry maybe an ok product for people new with indoor dogs but i don’t see how this is adaptable for male dogs who learn to lift their leg no matter what

47. B Black on September 15th, 2009 1:00 pm

i got my potty patch… and they answered the phone right away.. i think you all are overreacting…

I dont know if it works or not… but i did receive it.

48. Amber F on September 16th, 2009 8:16 am

I ordered my potty patch on Aug 24 and still have not received it nor have I had a charge to my account or any contact from the company. It has taken me a few hours to finally find a customer service number on the net. I called and they said everything is on backorder now and I will receive my product in the specified 4-6 weeks. I told her that I was looking at blogs on the internet that said people ordered in April and earlier and still haven’t received their product and she basically said, “So?”

So far, I am highly disappointed with this company and product. I went to the website to try to find some sort of customer service info, and found nothing there. When I tried to leave the website, the “special offer” pop up ads would not let me navigate away. My computer locked up completely and I had to shut it down manually.

I’ve been on more than a dozen sites today and every single one of them is full of hundreds of complaints from people saying this is a scam, they never got their product, etc. If they never take my money, then I’ll be fine if I don’t get the product. But I have a bigger problem here – $3000 worth of new carpet and a supposedly “house trained” new dog who pees and poops on the new carpet EVERY DAY! I want a remedy for this problem whether it’s the potty patch or whatever.

49. donna hickman on September 17th, 2009 6:44 pm

Has anyone used this for a housebroken potbelly pig?

50. Duped Granny on September 22nd, 2009 8:38 am

Well, B Black, I am happy to share with you e-mails from the company specifically telling me that I canNOT cancel the order. I have been battling this company personally now for nearly two months, I recently filed a fraud complaint with the Better Business Bureau in CT, have disputed the charges with my bank, am in the process of filing a fraud complaint with the Attorney General’s Office, posted complaints with the advertising departments of as many TV networks I could find and, if I am not able to remedy this problem through these actions, I would certainly be happy to work with some of the rest of you in putting together a class action suit against this company. I assure you that I would NOT spend my time to go to any of these extremes if this company appeared to be even slightly legit! With the volumes and volumes of complaint postings, I have t wonder if the random one or two positives are being posted by someone connected to the company. I even stumbled on a review website yesterday that had only 4 postings but all positive…interestingly enough they were all posted “By Admin”.

51. B Black on September 22nd, 2009 9:43 am

I emailed the Christian Darby? listed in this article.. he answered immediately and someone from the company called me ….. I was the one that was wrong… the payments they collected from my account were correct and it was no problem…..i think this webiste is creating a bit of a frenzy and causing people to overreact… …… in retro tho… i am wondering if it is ever a good idea to encourage the dog to pee in the house… how does my dog know if the carpet is green or tan .??? peeing on the carpet is still just that .. peeing on the carpet….
    but I had no problem with the Potty Patch company…and i do not work for Potty Patch nor am i connected with the company in any way..

52. James Shipman on September 24th, 2009 10:43 am

So glad I found this blog. I too would have became a victim of this scam! I ordered the Rascal Dog Litter Box. The company promises same day shipping which they did follow through on. I was determined to litter box train my puppy since I work long hours. I spoke with the owner of the Rascal Box company and she assured me that my box would be shipped that day. It was refreshing to speak directly to the company and not an anwering service.
    Good Luck to everyone. I hope you get your money back.
    Jim

53. Dominic on September 28th, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks to all who have posted and shined the light on this scam. I was about to buy the potty patch also, but after researching this product I found this blog. You save me $40 and a lot of grief!!

I checked out the Rascal Dog Litter Box website and was very impressed with the design of this litter box for dogs. I will be ordering one in a few days and will post my review of this product. I have a male Maltese puppy who is 3 months old and 95% trained on the wee-wee pads. He should make the transition from the pads to the litter box with out any problems. Also I was told once he gets snipped he shouldn’t lift his leg to wee. But even he does the sides should be high enough to stop him from hitting the walls.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.rascaldoglitterbox.com/home

Thanks again!
    Dominic

54. Renee' on September 29th, 2009 7:19 pm

Both of my dogs are litter box trained. I didn’t go the expensive route, just a $15 doggy box from Petsmart or Petco. Then again, both of my dogs are girls so there is no leg lifting issues

I was looking at something to have at my mom’s house. It seems though that this is not the answer. I guess I need to save myself the money and grief and go get another box.

55. Bonnie on October 6th, 2009 5:32 pm

Just buy a Potty Patch on Ebay ….duh Then you wont have to worry about this company ripping you off. I’m ordering one right now. You are all ridiculous.

56. Patricia Stoudt on October 14th, 2009 11:22 am

I purchased a large-sized potty patch several months ago. I have 4 Miniature Pinschers. Previous to the potty patch, my dogs were litter trained. I used a dog litter product made by Purina. The day I set up the potty patch, I put several pieces of litter on the potty patch. My dogs used it without fail right from the start. I love it because it keeps my dogs from having to “hold it” during the day when I am at work, and I am not spending $40 per week in dog litter. I put puppy pads in the bottom tray, and that keeps down the odor and makes clean-up much easier. However, the grass mat has to be cleaned at least every other day, if not every day. This, and the fact that the edges of the mat are not finished, so the mat is slowly unraveling, are the down sides to the product. I would like to buy a replacement mat, but I cannot find one anywhere.

57. Patricia Stoudt on October 14th, 2009 11:26 am

I forgot to mention that my dogs don’t understand that it’s their butts that need to be on the patch. Often times, they will have their whole body on the patch, but their butts are actually off the patch, so their feces fall on the floor right next to the patch. Finally, my two male dogs, both neutered, often stand next to the patch and “aim” for it. Sometimes they miss. They did both of these things with their litter pan as well, so this is not necessarily a problem with the potty patch.

58. Renee' on October 14th, 2009 11:33 am

Patricia,
    My dogs do the same thing in the litter box. The older one used to be small enough that she could stand completely in the box and her butt would still be in the box. Now, she’s a little bit bigger, and we end up with poop on the floor quite frequently. That, or she will jump out before everything has um… fallen out, and it drops right on the floor

59. Dee on October 20th, 2009 1:33 pm

I ordered the Large Potty Patch about 2 months ago and received it about 4-5 weeks later. When I ordered it did say it was backordered but the delay was worth it.

My dogs love it! We moved from a house to an apt and my pups missed their lawn! I put one pee pee pad on each side just cuz it’s easier to keep clean that way and less odor. The large is 2 small bottom parts with a one piece 27 X 34 inch grass patch. The most I’ve done is rinse it with water about once a week, maybe spray some windex or clorox clean up on it. The potty pads help a lot to decrease odor as well. I imagine if the pee just laid there… pew.

The poop couldn’t be easier to clean up. The grass blades are thick and do not stick to the poop at all, and if a bit does, water or wipe and it’s gone.

I have a Jack Russell, as well as a sweet pup, and he even uses it. He prefers to soil whatever nice carpet I have out there but actually uses this without hesitation. Great product, works great, stays dry… but where will I find a patch replacement??

Sorry you all have had trouble. I ordered, I waited, I received. Dogs are happy boys!

60. Pam on October 29th, 2009 10:18 pm

I ORDERED THE PATCH POTTY OVER A MONTH AGO. THANKFULLY I USED PAYPAL. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE PRODUCT NOR HAS THERE BEEN A TRANSACTION MADE FROM THE WEBSITE. SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY. I WAS ABLE TO CLOSE MY PAYPAL SECURE CARD TODAY SO THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE.

61. Rose on November 6th, 2009 6:53 am

I also ordered the potty patch. I keep getting dates of delivery but they are changed periodically. I’m going to try to call today and cancel. This is nuts that people like this are able to keep advertising a product they cannot supply.

62. cONNIE FRAZER on November 6th, 2009 12:42 pm

I LIKE THE POTTY PATCH THE PRODUCT IS GOOD FOR SMALL DOGS. THE BIG DOWN FALL OF THE COMPANY IS THEY WERE NOT READY FOR ALL THE REQUESTS . WE THE CUSTOMERS NEED TO BE ABLE TO BUY REPLACEMENT PARTS. ESP. THE GRASS PADS. PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED AS WE WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE THEM. CONNIE AND ABBY A 5LB MALTESE.

63. Nicole on November 9th, 2009 5:02 pm

My husband and I just cancelled our order today after waiting almost a month with no updates except that each time we’d login to find out when the estimated delivery time was, it would postpone another week. My husband called this morning and cancelled when he learned that it’d be another month because they were on back-order. We are still very interested in the product. Just not comfortable with paying money for something and waiting months for the product.

64. michelle on November 9th, 2009 11:25 pm

well i just wanted to know my dog is 2years old and i wanted to get a potty pad thing i seen on tv for the winter my question is would it mess her up on her potty training that she has done so well with so would it be fine if we got a potty pad for her though the winter time ? so if you would get back to me that would be great thanks

michelle
    michelle21102@yahoo.com

65. Anita on November 16th, 2009 4:38 pm

I ordered a Potty Patch from Carol Wrights Gifts via the phone, asked for a discount and got it. It was back ordered once, but I received it before the expected date anyway. My 4 month old wanted to chew the grass, so I removed it until she was comfortable going on the plastic grate placed upside down. After only 3 days, I put the grass back on and she hasn’t had a mistake since.

66. natlie on November 17th, 2009 7:52 pm

I ordered from carol wright and got mine in a matter of days.

My only question, is how in the world do you get your dog to use it.

He’ll lay on it, sit on it, but won’t poop on it. Anybody out there, please
    explain????

67. natlie on November 17th, 2009 8:10 pm

sorry won’t pee or poop on it.

68. Anita on November 17th, 2009 8:18 pm

Try putting a used pee pad underneath the grate or transplant some poop onto the grass. Hope it works–it’s so worth it especially ’cause I put the potty patch in my walk-in shower and just clean it and rinse it off before I use the stall to shower myself…

69. Rose on November 17th, 2009 9:32 pm

I finally got the potty patch. My dog is afraid of it. Will not go within 5 feet of it.
    Anybody want a potty patch?

70. Brittany on November 18th, 2009 5:25 pm

i want to get a potty patch but i dont know what size i should get i have two mini dachhounds would that small one be big enough?? and also is the shipping crisis fixed is everyone actually getting them now??

71. unknownsoul278 on December 5th, 2009 9:25 pm

I just got a potty patch to try with my 13yr-old dog. She is housetrained, but now she can’t always get to the door on time and has accidents.

After reading about everyone’s problems receiving their orders, I decided to get one another way… I went to Petco. They have them in the store, and the price is a bit higher ($49.99 for the small), but to me it was worth it to walk out with the product in my hand and not have to worry about being scammed online. Petco’s website (www.petco.com) has them as well, and you are ordering from the Petco company, not the Potty Patch mystery company.

72. farideh on December 8th, 2009 5:48 pm

I order on 11/09/09 potty patch my order nomber is 1765403
    item : 8117MOC
    still i dont have my order
    I want to know whats happen to my order
    thanks

73. Tracy on December 16th, 2009 3:06 pm

You can buy a similar product at your local WalMart store. It’s called the Spotty Training Place. Works great because the grass is easier to clean. Thanks!

74. Terri on December 26th, 2009 8:45 pm

Yes they do sell the POTTY PATCH AT STORES, They have both sizes at PETCO the small one is for $49.00 and the larger one is $79.00. From all the issues everyone has been having, I will buy mine at Petco and I do have a male but he squats, he doesn’t know how to lift his leg so it should work, he goes on the peepee pads and so do my cats but they always try covering it and rip the paper :)
    Hope the potty patch won’t encourage the cats.
    Terri

75. LANA BIENVENU on January 3rd, 2010 12:19 pm

ORDERED THIS PRODUCT THRU THE LONGEST, MOST ANNOYING PHONE CALL AT LEAST 8 WEEKS AGO. STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT NOR CONFIRFIRMATION OF MY ORDER. OF COURSE, REACHING CUSTOMER SERVICE BY THE ORDERING PHONE NUMBER IS NOT AN OPTION. SO, HAD TO DO INTERNET RESEARCH TO FIND A CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER. HAVE READ NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS OF PEOPLE BEING PUT ON HOLD FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME. BY THE WAY, I AM TRYING TO TALK TO APERSON AT POTTY PATCH TO FIND OUT WHY I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY ORDER. POTTY PATCH, YOU GET AN ‘F’ FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. YOU ARE BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I’VE EVER DEALT WITH. LET’S HOPE THAT YOUR PRODUCT ARRIVES BEFORE THE SPRING AND IS OF SOME VALUE. GET YOUR ‘POOP’ TOGETHETER, PLEASE.

76. Tori on January 6th, 2010 7:40 pm

I ordered a Potty Patch before Christmas and just received it in the mail today. I picked it up at the post office on my way in to work and haven’t opened the box yet, but it is in the large box which is what I had ordered. I just hope that it works once I get it home now!

77. Libbye A. Morris on January 8th, 2010 11:24 am

I, too, ordered this product before reading the reviews. I ordered 24 hours ago, so my order isn’t in their system yet. I’ve called four times to cancel and was able to get a live representative three times. Today the rep told me that I can go to http://www.customerstatus.com and, once my order shows up in the system, I can cancel the order, and the info. will go to the customer service center within 60 seconds. I’ll believe it when I see it, but at least it’s worth a try!

78. CHRIS on January 13th, 2010 11:56 pm

I BOUGHT THE (LARGE) POTTYPATCH, WHICH IS JUST 2 SMALLER ONES HELD TOGETHER BY A SNAP ON BAR. ANYWAY, HOW DO YOU GET THE DOG TO USE IT>????? WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY.

79. Rose on January 14th, 2010 6:17 am

I’ve had mine about 2 1/2 months. My dog still will have nothing to do with it. It was a waste of my money. He will not go close to it. It’s effective at keeping him out of an area I don’t want him in.

80. Jenn on January 21st, 2010 8:31 am

DANG!!! Sooooooo glad that I found this site before ordering this product!!!! I’ll just go to Petco and grab one instead of going through ALL THE ‘CRAP’ everyone else seems to be going through!!!!!
    Thanks EVERYONE for your warning comments!!!!!

81. Lucinda Cindy G. Proffitt on January 21st, 2010 7:03 pm

Im wanting to get or order a pottypatch for inside ur home for our dogs to go to inside what they show on TV could u please mail me one to 307N. Green St. Glagow ky. 42141 and bill me for it or let me know how i can get one please thank u Lucinda Cindy G. Proffitt

82. Lynn Bardi on January 22nd, 2010 3:05 pm

This potty patch is the BEST!!! I have an 11 week old puppy who took to the grass to go potty and poo inside of two days. I got one for my balcony upstairs and one for the front patio. She will stand in front of each slide door and go and do her thing. This is easy to clean. Hose it off. I sometimes will use white vinegar and water first and then rinse with the hose. Thank you for the Potty Patch!!!!! It makes my life so much easier with puppy training.

83. Onnalee Graham on January 28th, 2010 2:44 pm

Well,now–my daughters keep telling me to use the internet for EVERY thing–c;early, I shoulda done so on this item. Ordered my Potty Patch (PP) thru Harriet Carter Gifts.; took about 2 1/2 weeks for delivery. Problem is my 12 year-old rescue Beagle isn’t interested. NEITHER of us very enthusiastic about going outside with the windchill at 30–40 BELOW!.
    Went directly to their web-site for “more details” on using a pheromone spray. Nothing shown. Called their Customer Service number where a young lady seemed distressed that I had not ordered the PP die\rectly from them. She told me that if the item is NOT LISTED or shown on the web site, the company no longer sells it. Huh. That implies that once they did–but what I read here suggests they never did.
    I, too, planned to place the PP in my walk-in shower; seemed like an ideal way to service it. I wonder about confusing her VERY thorough house-training, too. I’ve had her about 2 1/2 years … the only accidents she had were when she was neglected for four days by my (ex-)husband. Brittany poops only after some exercise; bless her, since we moved from Minneapolis to up here on the border of the Boundary Waters, she needs to walk only about 60 feet before she “does her duty” then heads for the nearest door back into the apartment building. Last couple of trips were completed in about 30 feet!
    So–I am searching for a source on that “pheromone spray!” I’ll be checking out that rascal dog litter box, too.

84. Kelly on January 29th, 2010 8:38 am

I ordered the potty patch without seeing this blog. I waited 2 weeks for my order and went online to track it. This is when I saw your blog. I called the 1-800 # and the phone was answered right away. I asked The lady to cancel my order and she did. She gave me her name & ID #. I am worried because I used my debit card, should I change my number?

85. Christina Bodling & Mike Fitz-Gerald on February 2nd, 2010 5:10 pm

I wouldn’t order from Potty Patch, they are a scam. Mike and I ordered ours over a month ago and never received it. We got a confirmation number saying it was shipped. I checked my boyfriend’s bank account and it hasn’t shown that they charged it. We found out that they charged us for two of them for $79.99 + shipping for both, and their website says they are $39.99 and get a 2nd one FREE + FREE shipping for ordering the 2nd one.

When we found out we were charged for 2 and no FREE shipping and we never gotten them. We canceled our order today. I would call them and cancel your order ASAP. And find your confirmation number and cancel it anyways. IT IS A SCAM DON’T FALL FOR IT!

86. Christina Bodling & Mike Fitz-Gerald on February 2nd, 2010 5:12 pm

If you notice a charge on your account that you didn’t make as soon as it pops. Call your bank but keep a close look out on your bank account.

87. jj on February 3rd, 2010 8:00 pm

I’ve never used this product, but I know how I would make my dog use this if he is hesitant:

Build an small enclosure. It should ONLY be big enough for either a small but comfortable bed or crate he already likes to use, a small area for him to eat and drink, and the potty patch.

If the space is small enough he will have to decide where to go potty and he won’t want to do it in his favorite bed or crate, or in his food, so he will choose the potty patch.

Put him in this enclosed area overnight or while you are at work. Long enough for him to have to go potty. After a while of doing this you should be able to get him to do this somewhere else in the house.

88. Abbi Lindsey on February 4th, 2010 12:58 am

Potty Patches are sold at Wal Mart and PetCo and it is the same ‘As Seen on TV’ version. They were $100 so I didn’t buy one,

89. Patti Milius on February 12th, 2010 4:50 am

Petco has a product called The Potty Patch. It sells for $60.00 We have a female Toy Poodle who thinks she shouldn’t have to go outside if it is raining, thinking of raining, or heaven forbid snow on the ground.
    As far as the poop question, if you watch the advertisement it says after they do their business just pick it up and dispose of it as you normally would. It then goes on to pour a quart of water on the patch.

I was just hoping someone had tried it.

90. dj on February 13th, 2010 9:34 pm

I am so furious with this company as I ordered 3 or these things on Jan 6 and have not been able to get anyone live to tell me why I have not received them as yet. Their contact site is not working and neither is the number that the AKC gave me. So frustrated that I am going to try to cancel the order but can’t do that beause I cannot reach any one. !!! Not sure they even work.

91. doglover on February 15th, 2010 6:26 pm

LEAD CONTENT OF THE SYNTHETIC GRASS -
    Ask any of the potty companies what the LEAD CONTENT of their grass is.
    Dogs and children may ingest the yarns.

A reputable dog potty manufacturer can readily tell you that their grass has been tested by an independent lab. There ARE high levels of lead in low quality synthetic grass, and they are in use in some pet potty products. Stick to a company that has been in business a while, and obviously cares about dogs.

92. Seniorbulldog on February 20th, 2010 7:07 pm

I was about to purchase this online via the website when I came across this blog and I’m glad I didn’t order from the website. Being on the East coast I tried checking at my local Petco if they had one. Surprisingly, they had 1 Large (27″ x 34″) available which I was actually looking for. It was $79.99 + tax.
    Once at home I opened the box and the Large was actually 2 regular size trays attached together via a plastic “bridge” to keep the trays together. Each tray had a plastic grate with a plastic spikey area you would point up for the synthetic grass to catch on. Or, if you choose not to use the synthetic grass the plastic grate can be turned over so the “spikes” are pointing down and the smooth portion up.
    My Bulldog is 14yrs old with arthritis so her back legs are a little wobbly and drag a little sometimes. I got her to walk across the synthetic grass and one problem I noticed is if you have the plastic grates installed with spikey area up the bottom is smooth and the tray it rests in is smooth so when my Bully walked across the grass it slides a little bit. I may try putting some velcro or a weight on one side so it doesn’t slide.
    I walked her outside and when she peed I collected some urine on a paper towel. I placed the Potty Patch next to her bed with the urine soaked paper towel on top. I’ll keep you guys updated what problems if any come up.

93. Janice Anderson_Phillips on February 21st, 2010 12:42 pm

I ORDERED AND PAID FOR THE POTTY PATCH. THEY MADE SURE THEY GOT THIER MONEY. I DID NOT GOT THE PRODUCT. THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY CORRESPONDENCE. I HAVE NEVER, & I EMPHASIZE NEVER, GOT AN ANSWER ON THE PHONE NUMBER THEY PROVIDED IN THE CONFIRMATIOM EMAIL WHERE THEY “””””TOOK”””” MY MONEY””””. EVERY TIME, AND AGAIN I EMPHASIZE, EVERY TIME, I HAVE GONE TO THE WEB ADDRESS THEY PROVIDED IN THE CONFIRMATIOMATION EMAIL AND CLICK ON THE “CONTACT US” LINK, THIS IS A COPIED AND PASTED RESPONSE: CustomerStatus.com
    We are currently upgrading our systems to serve you better… please try again later
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY FOLKS.

94. Lorri on March 1st, 2010 9:43 am

This is to Janice Anderson_Phillips on February 21st, 2010 12:42 pm

If you used a Debit card a phone number will be next to it, same goes for Credit Card (call the CC company) The phone numbers for those are DIFFERENT than the numbers to the public… Good Luck…

Soooooo glad I didn’t order one..

95. maria on March 11th, 2010 9:58 pm

it is a horrible product. i have three little dogs and none of them will use it. one of them did try it once and it stayed wet and it stunk. it is so misleading. it is a shame that they get away with it and they do not have a return policy. do not buy this!!!!!

96. Onnalee Graham on March 11th, 2010 10:53 pm

I thought this was a great idea, given the frequent below zero weather we had this winter. My 12 yr old rescued Beagle, Brittany, did not agree; never gave it more than a quick sniff, then ever thereafter ignored it. My daughter’s 14 year old terrier mix entered my apartment for the first time went directly to the patch and utilized it!
    Didn’t change Brit’s mind.

97. JED PAZ on March 12th, 2010 3:05 am

MINE TOOK ABOUT 6 WEEKS TO ARRIVE AND AFTER ALL THAT WAITING EITHER OF MY DOGS WILL USE IT. THEY PEE RIGHT NEXT TO IT BUT WON’T GET ON IT. I THINK I’LL USE IT TO PRACTICE HITTING GOLF BALLS OFF MY PATIO.

98. spoiled4sure on March 22nd, 2010 2:46 am

I bought the large Potty Patch for my 4 year old Dachshund because he was trained to use a doggie door but we moved to a 3rd floor apartment. I ordered mine online from Petsmart and it arrived within a few days. The first time he stepped onto the Potty Patch it slid out from under him and scared him. There isn’t anything that keeps the patch attached to the tray and it slides very easily. He won’t even attempt to use it anymore. He “goes” all around the boarder but won’t get back on the patch. I think its a good concept but could definitely use some improvement.

99. spoiled4sure on March 22nd, 2010 2:49 am

I meant “border”…sorry. :)

100. Seniorbulldog on March 22nd, 2010 7:01 am

I agree with “spoiled4sure” it does slide. Initially I tried velcro but once it got wet it lost it’s stickiness. I resorted to using 2 dumbbells, one on opposite corners, to prevent it from sliding and this solved the problem for my 55lb bulldog.

It took me a little over a day to get my dog used to using it. Initially, I got some urine on a papertowel when she peed and placed it on the mat. Trouble was, due to the lightness of the towel, it moved when she brushed against it.

Next attempt ,which ended up working, was when I used a towel to absorb the urine when she peed outside and placed that on the mat. That was enough to get her interested. After she peed the first time on the mat I removed the towel and she has been using it daily since.

For cleanup I use newspapers under the grass and spikey plastic piece for easy daily cleanup and endup rinsing the whole thing once a week.

101. Angela Porter on March 23rd, 2010 10:51 pm

Please do not buy the potty patch!It is such a waste of money!You would be better off if you went to Lowes and purchased a storage unit and used the plastic lid and put puppy pads on it maybe buy you some grass if you want.It would costed you 137.50.I am very disapointed!I purchased two and they are small and like I said it is junk!You can make it yourself.You still have to buy puppy pads so you do not save there.My dogs barked at it.My cat liked the grass part.I gave them to my mom for her two small dogs they will only use it if she puts a puppy pad on top of it.Then my mom said the smell from the urine is bad.It takes awhile to dry after you wash them out.It also took 3 months to even receive them.Now they are taking more money out of account because I think for puppy pads.The puppy pads were to costed 9.99 a month they charged my account 29.50.So now in the morning I have to try and get that cancelled.It is a pain and I do not feel they should take more money then what was agreed.Just do not give out your credit card infromation.That is a mistake!I hope I saved someone out there from buying a disapointment.The money you pay for the potty patch it should be made a lot better.To me it should snap together but it is all loose.You can create it yourself for a lot less.I put a plastic shower curtain under my puppy pads.I have to clean it but atleast the liner saves my carpet.I think I will get me a big plastic lid that might be better.Thanks I hoped this helped! Angela

102. Melissa on March 25th, 2010 12:48 pm

They have the LARGE potty patch for those of you complaining about the size. It works fine and you can buy a novelty fire hydrant on amazon the put on the potty patch for those boy dogs.

103. Rose Waddell on March 26th, 2010 5:58 am

Hi. I bought my potty patch at Petco here in Florida. I didn’t even know they had a website until just recently. I bought a puppy just a couple of months ago and I got her mother at the same time. The puppy loves the potty patch and uses it all of the time, but the mother dog will not go near it. I heard there is a pheromone spray you can use to get reluctant dogs to use it, but I haven’t bought that yet. I’ll be checking with Petco about that soon. Pet Smart does not have the potty patch. I recommend the potty patch for puppies that have not been trained to go outside yet, but I’m not sure if it will work for dogs who have already been trained to just go outside. I’ll let you know what happens when I use a pheromone spray on it to see if the mother dog will use the potty patch too.

104. harriet on April 21st, 2010 6:44 am

hello, u send me another one of potty patch cost$ 50 but I didnt order to one so I had potty patch was before but I dont understand why u send me again but is that potty patch cost$ 50? pls let me know .I dont want any more if u send me again bec I have enough of potty patch ok so if I need more so will let u know ok. thank u have anice day!!! smile!!

105. Jody on April 29th, 2010 1:47 pm

We love the potty patch and so does our dog Lacey. She is a Shiu tzu and has been litter trained. Litter was so messy that we loved this idea of the patch. I bought 2 of the large ones, so when one is being cleaned and air drying the other patch is ready to go. We are so thankful that we found this product!

106. kayla on May 12th, 2010 9:07 pm

does it work for poop ?

107. dawn on May 24th, 2010 5:16 pm

I bought the pottypatch about a month ago for my 2 female yorkies. I thought it would be waste of money!! My dogs {Molly and Maddy} are 2 years old. They have never caught on to the whole house breaking thing! I open the package, set the pottypatch up, and molly walked right up on it and tinkled! i was amazed! Neither dog has pooed on it but Im happy that the pee is no longer soaking into my hardwood floors! All and all, Im happy with it and am thinking of getting another.

108. Jane on June 17th, 2010 5:38 am

Walgreens sells the grass potty for $39.95, not sure what brand.
    I have a Maltese, she is 6 yrs now, and have a 24×17 plastic tray i bought at one of the pet stores, i use the doggie pads, can buy thin or thick ones. I was going to try this potty patch but not sure about when she poops. I think with the grass patch I will be doing a lot more cleaning compared to just picking up a pad and throwing out. The potty pad absorbs the pee until u can change and the urine doesn’t sit in a tray. That is my preference and have been using for 6 yrs. Potty pads are sold in most stores, also on ebay. Hope this helps.

109. Cynthia on June 21st, 2010 12:41 pm

I ordered this product on Sunday and when I ordered it they said they would upgrade it free for 39.95 instead when I finished the order it was for 2 Large potty patches. for 79.95 and shipping it came to 185.88. I have been riped off. I called today to cancel the order and they informed me that it had already been sent out. They told me to return them both and they would give me my refund. I called my bank today and the payment is pending so I have to wait till tomorrow when it post to stop payment for this product. This company is a scam and ripe off. I am reporting them to the BBB. Please what ever you do don’t fall for this like I do.

110. Deb on June 30th, 2010 4:17 pm

I purchased the large potty patch for my older dog. He avoided it like the plague…..even after I caught his urine and placed it on the potty patch. No matter what I did he just didn’t like it.
    My 9 year old dog laid on it like it was a bed.
    I got a 3 month-old puppy & he laid on it.
    I could not get any of the 3 dogs to use it for anything but a bed or place to sit & wag & smile!! And believe me, I tried everything I could think of…….even putting it outside in a favorite ‘potty place’.
    I have it in my garage if anyone wants it!! A waste of money if you ask me.
    Hope this helps someone. (Or maybe everyone else has more cooperative pets!) :-)
    Deb

111. Brandie on July 14th, 2010 9:46 pm

I have a stubborn miniature pincher it took him six weeks to figure out what it was. It’s nice to have when I can’t come home for lunch. The only problem I have is they said its odor free, NOT TRUE!!!! I also use wee wee pads under the grass thing. It’s cleaned twice a day as well as soak it in bleach and hot water with an enzyme treatment. It still stinks like a dirty bathroom :( It will be removed from my home I’m just worried that now Davinci things it’s ok to pee in my home

112. dave on July 21st, 2010 8:18 pm

just purchased a large potty patch at canadian tire for 80 bucks. it is the actually potty patch and not a spin off> have not used it yet though

113. Susan on July 31st, 2010 9:18 pm

we bought our potty patch at pet smart in iowa city. It works great and the little pug we have is a yyear old and goes pee and poop on it. We pick up the poop with a little scoop and put it in the toilet. I am now trying to find out what to use to help with the odor of the urine. It really is a good product.

114. susie on November 16th, 2010 7:47 pm

We love the potty patch. We have two — one on the first floor and the other on the second floor of the house. We line it with the piddle pads to absorb the urine. With three puppies we have to clean the patch every 2-3 days (especially the one on the second floor since it’s the one they use first thing in the morning and morning urine has a tendency to be a little stronger). They took to the patch extremely fast. We never have to take the ‘girls’ outside to relieve themselves. Stool is picked up with toilet tissue and disposed of in the toilet. I would suggest buying extra grass however so that you always have an extra patch to put on the frame while the other grass is drying. Am still trying to find the perfect cleaner to use on the grass so it doesn’t have an odor — I think what we smell may very well be what attracts the dogs to the patch but after having the patches for about one year I think new grass may have to be the answer. But it IS a great product despite some of the reviews I have read. Like anything else you have to make the patch part of your pets bathroom routine. Love it!!!

115. Carolyn on November 16th, 2010 8:02 pm

I purchased the Potty Patch from a pet store in california several months ago. at first both my dogs just used it to lay on. after cleaning up after one of the other day, i whipped the paper towel on the patch. my male dog (does not lift his leg) has be going on it at least twice a day. i have been using potty pads under it. however, my bathroom stinks every day. i have only rinsed it out, it never drys all the way.

116. Chyril on November 30th, 2010 6:51 pm

I want to speak on behalf of the Potty Patch…it is fantastic! I just got a part Maltese/Shih Tzu puppy on Sat (today is Tues). She had an accident when we got home but has only used the Potty Patch since…unbelieveable, no accidents!! I should say that she is in a gated bathroom that is about 8ft x 6ft and I find this amazing! She loves the feel of the astro turf! I am ready for her to do a commercial for them.
    Thanks…love my puppy, Violet!

117. Wade Hayward on January 5th, 2011 12:22 pm

I had the pleasure of speaking to Mr. Darby myself, he is indeed a very nice and will spoken Gentlemen! I bought a Potty Patch myself for my dog and did the research to reach him. I was in need of some replacement Grass(small) as mine was worn out. Mt Dog loves it and would preper to use it rather than facing the cold Canadian Winters. I will be contacting Mr. Darby Later Today to Purchase the Larger one as my Little Dashund has trouble aiming and positioning herself on the little one. I am a completly satisfied customer and I will continue too spread the good news as I promised to do so!

118. Renee Copp on January 11th, 2011 1:07 am

We love the Potty Patch. Our 5 week old puppies were using it from the first night away from their mom! I even took a picture of the 1st nights success. We have one in their kennel and one in our hall. They run to it! Even our older dogs now use it as it is so cold outside! I tell all of our new puppy owners about it! We use newspaper under the grid to soak up the wee and we flip the soft puppy poo right of the pad onto another sheet of newspaper! Very effective and cost saving!

I want to put a link to their web page on our web site. It is the perfect solution to puppy training! All of our puppies go to their forever homes trained to it! Great for apartment people who just can’t get out when puppy needs too! We live on a farm and we use it all the time.

Thanks Thanks Thanks

Only issue with puppies is they can shred the edge. May need a stronger binding or seal.

119. Renee Copp on January 11th, 2011 1:12 am

I clean ours with DAWN and rinse with very hot water! TEhn soak in baking soda water and re-rinse! No odor. If really damp out I dry in low heat in dryer in an old pillow case tied shut!

120. Mary Struchen on January 16th, 2011 3:51 pm

I have two italian Greyhounds that absolutely refuse to go bathroom outside in the cold weathe(Logan,Utah). They will not use the pads that are made for dogs. I was thinking about getting a potty patch. They sell them at Walgreens and petsmart. My question is. Can it be used for pooping also?

121. james r sadewater on January 31st, 2011 9:37 pm

how do i return my pottypatch

122. Nancy Kramer on February 13th, 2011 8:59 am

Is a worhtless piece of junk……….the grass slides all over the place and SHARP POINTS attempt to hold the grass in place. Also, for a male it is worthless! My male Morkie still peed on the wall. Don’t waste your money on this, there are better products out there I am sure. I will be returning mine to Walgreens……..

123. Darci Robison on May 2nd, 2011 9:47 pm

Complete waste of money. My little dog will not go near it and I can hardly blame her–it’s constructed poorly and is very flimsy. I’m going back to the potty pads and wished I hadn’t wasted my hard earned $$ on this piece of garbage. Unfortunately, this is such a scam that I see no way to even return it. Convenient for the company I must say! Keep your money–DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!! It’s just a scam!!!

124. susie on June 28th, 2011 7:07 pm

I’ve heard so many people say they hate the Potty Patch because it is flimsy. We have 2 large Patches that we use at home (one upstairs and one downstairs). These were both purchased through the website’s toll-free customer service number. I did purchase a small Potty Patch that we could keep at my parent’s house when we visit — it was purchased at Petco. It is not made nearly as well as the two I purchased through the customer service line — even when only 1 of our 3 dogs steps on it it buckles and it has a tendency to scare them and they run off it. (It has the gray tray but the grid with the sharp prongs is green and it has plastic handles on either end molded into the grid itself that cause it NOT to sit squarely in the tray.) I cut off the plastic handles thinking it would sit tighter and while it does fit better, it still has a tendency to be a little unsteady. I think the maker of Potty Patch had another manufacturer make the ones you buy in the pet stores. If you order a Potty Patch, order on- line or at the website’s customer service line and be sure that the grid is gray and does NOT have the molded handles. We absolutely love this thing — while you do have to clean it every couple of days (especially with 3 little dogs like we have) it sure beats having to let them outside to relieve themselves and have them come in smelling like dogs or perhaps even bringing in fleas. We line ours with the piddle pads and every now and again I throw some baking soda on the pads as a way to neutralize any potential odors — am very conscientious that our house doesn’t have any odor to someone visiting that I may otherwise overlook. What a God send these patches have been. Good luck!!!

125. Grace on October 5th, 2011 6:10 am

I have had my potty patch for almost 2 years. The only problem I have with it is finding a replacement for the top part. I have the larger potty patch.

126. http://www.foxhardwoods.com/ on November 13th, 2011 3:33 pm

A truly fantastic idea and approach. Best of luck in finding the solution and Very nice information.I think it will be very help full for everyone.Thank you very much for sharing such nice article.

127. lori on November 24th, 2011 2:49 pm

the potty patch works great .it really traps the smell of the urine .i broke my tray ,wish you could re order just the tray instead of the grass .but overall ,it works awesome .5 stars. buy in store

128. Background on March 8th, 2012 11:38 am

To begin with, make it easy for my family appreciate your person’s get in this subject. It sometimes is undoubtedly brand spanking new , nonetheless soon after intricate your internet site, this unique intelligence has exploded thoroughly. Enable people to consider their hands on one’s rss or atom to help keep in touch with in any way potential mail messages Sincere realize yet may give it to support admirers together with our are living participants

129. dating mama's boy on May 3rd, 2013 10:31 am

Amazing issues here. I am very glad to peer your article.
    Thank you a lot and I’m taking a look forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

GOT SOMETHING TO SAY?

*  Required field

Read More Similar Posts:

Check out the latest articles in our Dog Article Library!