Sometimes I think I have the dogs from hell. And what’s weird is that even when one dog passes on and we get another, the traits continue. I know, that probably means I am a terrible dog trainer – I’m probably risking my credibility here. But, just for fun, here is a list of the top ten things my dogs have gotten into over the years.
10. They tore the stuffing out of a brand new quilt – my room looked like it was covered in snow!
9. They eat the cat food everytime my kids leave the baby gate open into the cat’s room.
8. They knock over every cup that is ever left on the kitchen table – it’s always a lovely mess to come down to in the morning.
7. When I bought a new ten-pound bag of sugar for my holiday baking, I made the mistake of leaving it on the counter overnight. What a mess!
6. Who knew a dog could get a sardine can open?
5. They jumped on the counter and got a bottle of prescription medicine – did you know you can pump a dog’s stomach?
4. Maggie, my Golden, kept throwing up for days. When we took her to the vet, he found some metal in her stomach and had to do emergency surgery before it perforated. $1600 later, we found out the metal was a magnet inside a baby toy!
3. When I bought a new broomstick skirt to wear to my office Christmas party, they thought it was a really cool snack!
2. They regularly eat my son’s pull-ups if he doesn’t remember to put them in the garbage can. And by the way, the only garbage can we’ve ever been able to keep them out of is one that opens like a tip-out drawer under a butcher block counter island.
1. We purchased a $45 spiral-sliced ham for Easter one year, and put about $40 of it back into the refrigerator to eat as leftovers. One of the kids got up to get a drink and left the refrigerator door open. You guessed it – the ham was the best dog food they’d ever had!
What about you? Send your “dog from hell” stories to me: [email protected], so I don’t feel so bad!
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!