I don’t know about you, but I’m really excited about the Iditarod this year. We don’t get any TV coverage where I am, so I have been following along on the web. Here are the top ten people on the leaderboard as of March 9th.
10. Cim Smyth, who checked in at Finger Lake at 8:05 am with 15 dogs.
9. Ed Iten: Finger Lake checkin at 7:28 am with 16 dogs.
8. Paul Gebhardt checked in at Finger Lake at 6:49 am with 16 dogs.
7. Sebastian Schnuelle, Finger Lake check in at 6:09 am with 16 dogs.
6. Jeff King, who checked in at Rainy Pass at 13:06 with 16 dogs.
5. Hans Gatt – Rainy Pass check-in 13:03 – 16 dogs.
4. Aly Zirkle checked in at Rainy Pass at 13:02 with 16 dogs.
3. Ramey Smyth – Rainy Pass at 13:00 with 16 dogs.
2. Bjornar Andersen, whose Rainy Pass check-in was clocked at 12:43, WITH 15 dogs.
And currently in first place, after 3 days, Lance Mackey, who checked in his 16 dogs at Rainy Pass at 11:34.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!