How’s this for a feel-good story? Seems there was a woman in Canton (my hometown) who, although no one ever knew it, was quite wealthy when she died. She had lived frugally, primarily in residence hotels, for most of her adult life and had never owned a pet. However, when she died, she bequeathed half of her substantial investment holdings to the Stark County Humane Society! Her friends are shocked, and her family is contesting the will, but the agency’s board is dancing in the streets!
See the whole story here, and take a look at your own estate planning. Do you have anything you could donate to animal care charities when you go? Check out our dog den for an article on pet-related charities.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!
- Puppy Mill Owner Dies – Leaves Hundreds of Animals in Dallas/Ft. Worth
- AKC Humane funds donated to help animal organizations with disaster relief efforts
- Shelter Sunday: Blue Ridge Humane Society / Hendersonville, NC
- Shelter Sunday: Asheville Humane Society / Asheville, NC
- Tuesday Top Twelve: Dog Welfare Charities