You may recall that not too long ago, Dwayne The Rock Johnson had to rescue his French Bulldog puppy, Brutus, from the family’s swimming pool after the puppy revealed he was not a good swimmer. The puppy apparently liked to get into more trouble than he could get out of. Brutus ate a poisonous mushroom and had to be put down. Below is from Mr. Johnson’s Facebook page:
Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed.
At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and Lauren Hashian Official had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace.
As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return.
I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members.
Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City.
We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute.
Our deepest sympathy to the Johnson family.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!