NC Family Saved from House Fire by Dog

shutterstock_173680289From North Carolina: I bet this family is glad they decided to adopt a dog! When Tatia Johnson fell asleep in her recliner, she never dreamed it would save her life. Usually she sleeps in her bedroom with the door closed, but on a recent Friday night, she was just too tired to get out of her easy chair. Aside from a possible crick in her neck, this turned out to be a good thing.

At about 6 am, Sissy, the Johnson’s black and white mixed breed, jumped into the chair and pawed at Tatia’s chest until she woke up. The house was full of black smoke due to a fire that may have been smoldering for as long as three hours.

Fortunately, Tatia was not only able to awaken her husband and daughter, but she also rescued all three of their dogs before the home’s roof caved in.

Kudos to Sissy and we’re thankful that the whole family made it out safely.

Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!

Similar Posts:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>