From our friends at AL.com: Ralph, a four-year old Great Dane, is being credited with saving his family’s lives after a fire broke out in their Birmingham home in the middle of the night.
From his kennel, Ralph let out what his dad describes as a different kind of bark, which prompted dad to look out the window. The family’s BBQ grill had caught fire, and the fire was spreading to the house!
The parents were able to get their two children safely out of the house and rescue Ralph from his kennel. One of their pot-bellied pigs was rescued, but one perished in the fire.
Our condolences to the family on the loss of their belongings and their pig, and our kudos to Ralph for looking out for his family.
Until next time,
Good day, and good dog!